2012年2月1日水曜日

Hello Are You In There

hello are you in there

"Hello there, nice to meet you!"




That's what I say sometimes say when I'm "scratching" the faces in a final art piece.
Although I've already sketched out in pencil roughly what characters in the composition may look like, I never know for sure what final features will form under my
exact-o blade. For this new piece for a current client, publisher Augsburg Fortress, I needed to illustrate a congregation of people at a Lutheran Church baptism.
So I'm conjuring and scratching up a nice eclectic mix of community here, and for one male figure, out pops Michael McDonald from the Doobie Brothers! And then here comes a friend's son! And then the lady who has the fabulous knitted shawls I sometimes see at the Co-Op! It is part of the magic of illustration, at least my particular practice of it. For certain jobs, set details are important for character's faces. But for other assignments, I love the process that allows this creator a surprise or two!



These are our most popular posts: hello are you in there

Bear and Bug: Hello....are you still there?

Hello! Are you sure you can handle real ghost stories? WeLcOmE! Do you believe in ghosts? Well, whether you do or ... read more

Hey, Lady Grey: Hello there crimson beauty, you are welcome in my ...

hello all i suggest you a reinforcement for language learners. As you now there are three types of medals 1 for bronze 1 for silver and 1 for gold medal. This is a good reinforcement for language learners, but not adequet for ... read more

Claudias Illustration Blog: Hello there, nice to meet you!

Hey party people. Enjoying the comic so far? Like what we are doing? Have we piqued your interest to the max? Yeah, I kind of hate myself for that last one too. Anyways, why not show us some love? We have some spiffy ... read more

hello all i suggest you a reinforcement for language learners. As you ...

See You at the Top by Zig Ziglar. Apr. Influence by Robert B. Cialdini. May. Selling to the Affluent by ... read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿